[NETFLIX] ALICE IN BORDERLAND - Review

 

Cast of Alice in Borderland
Casts of Alice in Borderland


I basically have zero ideas on what is Alice in Borderland, that is because I haven't been bothered to actually watch any trailers or find out more about it. My subscription on Netflix during these covid times has proven fruitful to those who actually are using my account for free, that being said, I was dead bored during the weekend and proceed to watch Alice in Borderland, and finish the series in 2 days. (8 episodes only, phew). 

THE GOOD

While I am going to review them only as a semries as I do not read the manga, I would say that the series is intriguing enough to ensure that you will keep clicking next as the episodes unfold. Makes you think while this is something like a double-edged sword, sometimes I hate to be thinking when I watch a series but (trying to be spoiler-free here) this whole series is about games of different cards which represents a different form of challenge (think SAW). The cast delivers a much convincing performance as you can ensure you will feel somewhat attached to a few of them, and totally loathe some of them as the series moves on.

THE BAD

The slow buildup for the first 2 episodes might put people off and as there was not much of a backstory besides the same event repeating itself with not much of an answer. CGI is pretty shitty for a high budget movie, (why I say high budget? It's set directly in Tokyo... ) most of the explosions seems to be like basic editing which cheapens the series subconsciously as you can literally see the explosion looks like it is done on windows moviemaker. 

CONCLUSION

If you are running out of genre to watch, then maybe you can try watching this series. It takes you away from the basic K-drama rom-com or the same old western series, since it is Japanese series it also feels like a breather from the usual anime. I heard there will be 3 different arcs so we should expect 3 seasons from this particular series


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS