MOVIE REVIEW: FANTASTIC BEAST AND WHERE TO FIND THEM


What was a textbook in Harry Potter has now come into the big screen and it is much better than expected. For me, this movie still has the magical feeling of Harry Potter but it comes with more action in such short period of time. Below I will review what I think was the good and the bad of the movie, as usual, just casual and based on my opinion:


THE GOOD

Fantastic beasts like what they mention are indeed fantastic. You will be thrilled and exposed to many beasts in the world of magic. The animations and CG that was in the movie was indeed living up to the standards of Harry Potter or even better. You are then introduced to the main character which gives you the weird and introverted vibe, I would have to say that Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) carries it just perfectly fine and very nice to watch on screen. Aside from that, the supporting cast was good and the only muggle in the movie is pretty good nonetheless. You also get to see the initial history before we focus on Hogwarts, in the States apparently, they have a different calling for Ministry of Magic and also muggles.  Other than that, we are witnessing the start of a trilogy (I think) of the movie and a much deeper dive on the characters that is associated with the movie.

THE BAD

Well for one the title says Fantastic Beasts but the whole movie does not revolve around that, while there are some good part featuring the beasts I wish we had the back story about it. I would love if the feature a segment of him exploring and catching the beasts. Aside from that, the predictable plot twist was only okay. I kinda expected a deeper twist to that but it seems like that's all. The villain in the movie seems like a good match but then the battle did not happen for long. I personally wanted more magic spells maybe I took this right out of Harry Potter that is why (then again Harry Potter have relatively little spellcasting too)

CONCLUSION

I would recommend this movie and just take it lightly. For lots of Potterhead, I am pretty sure they are already watching it and having lots of theory about it. Go to the cinema and enjoy this movie. It will certainly take you back to the magical world of Harry Potter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS