TECH REVIEW: RAPOO V500

I am lucky to be introduced to mechanical keyboard and slowly learn to appreciate it. It is the Razer Blackwidow and it individually installed it each and every one of the letters and numbers is a single blue LED light and a BLUE switch (not going in-depth on the different switches). 


Razer Blackwidow (picture courtesy of digitaltrends)

So after serving me for close to 3 years, all the keys start to acting all wonky and will not response to what I type, that is when I decided to ask around, and I was recommended by Taobao Master Lim, for some keyword recommendation, one of my criteria is that must be CHEAP and that is when he recommend me the: RAPOO V500.


THE FEELS

The keys very similar to Cherry MX Brown but they are using their own China made keys which aren't that bad as it felt pretty close to the original Cherry MX Brown with only 25% of the price. I have no complained of keyboard construction as mentioned above and also the end design layout. I do somewhat wish the fonts for the keyboard was a little different but no worries, you can always buy a different keycap anywhere and replace the current one (yes to mechanical keyboards).  The keyboard has been tested to survive my button mashing when I play my FPS games mainly Overwatch and also lots and lots of typing. After awhile, you kinda get used to the more less tacky noises of the keys, and it feels somewhat heavier than the blue because the spring feels lesser feedback thus typing it will take some time to get used to it but trust me after that you will feel like you were born to type. 


THE QUALITY

Rapoo V500 was built with lots of thinking and precision, that is because mainly for a China product it exudes such high quality that it can be on par with most much much more expensive mechanical keyboards. Other than that, it felt quite durable and can take quite a beating. Most recently, while I was cleaning it, I accidently dropped it on the floor, aside from the keycap all splattering over the floor, the main internal still works well without an issue


THE CONCLUSION

For such a cheap keyboard price at RM270 (added shipping), I guess it is hard for me to ever go back to buying mainstream brands such as Razer (ever worst now that Razer decided to manufacture their own switch for MAXIMUM profit yo). I guess moving forward from now on, I shall be loyal to the likes of Rapoo and some other China branding keyboard which is reliable and serves its purpose, the best part is I can keep on changing. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS