MOVIE REVIEW: TERMINATOR GENISYS


Back then when I was young, I watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day and it still is one of my favourite Terminator up to date. Fast forward 7 years later,  Terminator Genisys is set to ensure that Terminator is not forgotten in the movie industry. Arnold Schwarzenegger (which name I had to copy and paste from the web) once again take on the role of the T-800 the ever old robot which seems to be running forever but this time, the past has changed. If you ask me, comparing between this Terminator and the one before with Christian Bale, Terminator Salvation, I would say Genisys is a much better movie. 

THE GOOD

The action in the movie is good. This time we get front sit view on how the resistance works and also their fight towards ending the war. Arnold is back on his robot side with the T-800 and I would personally say it is the highlight of the movie. That is because his stiffness acting really plays the robot character well. The main character played by Emilia Clarke shows a lot of power and also much better readiness this time in facing terminators. 


THE BAD

Confusion is the biggest problem in this movie. There are flashback which are left unanswered. If the terminator was sent back to the past, who sent if it is not John Conner! I NEED TO KNOW! Besides the timeline, I think the dialogue in the movie was close to none. While I was a fan of full action movie, but this is no Chinese Kung-fu movie where I was busy looking at their fighting choreography.

CONCLUSION


At the very least we seen progression in the Terminator franchise. Salvation was all over the place and as much as I love the actors, none of them did a good job. I don't blame them, I blame the written plot that is the problem. Then again this is much better of the other Terminator but still nothing beats Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Still go and watch it if you are a Terminator fan, as I am sure this is the last time Arnold will be late. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS