MOVIE REVIEW: LEGO BATMAN



I actually enjoyed watching the first Lego movie, and when they announced the next franchise was Lego Batman, I was looking forward to it. I guess I will not rate this movie because of its personal preferences. You either like it or hate it because most of the jokes are sometimes lame but also sometimes on point. They used quite some references to old Batman movies and aside from that, some of DC other characters too, mainly villains. 

THE GOOD

If you like the first Lego movie, you will love it. They kept the same style and also added the Batman element into it. You will see how Batman uses his building skills with the Lego pieces to create a functioning vehicle while free falling. Aside from that, the storyline is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. I feel the characters voice acting this time is much better that is mainly because of the much better cast and also their joke this time are pretty dark. Since it is Batman's movie after all. 

THE BAD

Like all cartoon movie, there is some part which seems pretty long and draggy. Halfway throughout feels like forever when the characters have a short dialog about feelings and emotions. I know it is to invoke that Batman is a loner but I still couldn't get pass the fact that they used it way too many times.  From the beginning till almost the end of the movie, the mood seems to be the same. While I appreciate the director trying to remind us Batman is alone, I am more interested in the focus on the current storyline. 



CONCLUSION


Still, a pretty good movie to watch. I went it without any expectation, and I came out feeling that money is not wasted. The voice acting, and the different variations of Batman's gadget still make the movie pretty much entertaining. Still a much better love story than Twilight. If you are fan of the first Lego movie, this will not disappoint you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS