MOVIE REVIEW: POWER RANGERS



So I have no idea where to start this, all I know is I watched Power Rangers when I was young and they announcing the remake is something that I was partially looking forward to because I am sure the childhood me will be entertained but at the same time, pretty sure it will be downright cringe-fest, and I was right. I find it hard to rate this movie, but overall I would give it a 6 out of 10, I will try to list down why as much as I can
THE GOOD

The reboot takes lots of the original series and modernises it into something which is not truly bad. The new armor ensure that it something which makes sense as it is alien-coating armor which they should bring it out from within because its much cooler that way than a piece of cloth. Other than that, they did the new Dinozords much well deserve polishing. Fight scenes was good albeit too short, both in Dinozords and in their armored form.


THE BAD

They tried putting the whole series into a movie and that made it much of a disconnected disaster. The rangers found their power in the first 10 minute into the movie and everything happened in a blink of an eye. They train, they tried to get their armors, they talk about their personal relationship over BBQ, and suddenly they are fighting Rita. The movie was 2 hours 4 minute but there are still parts which made it feel so draggy, and I personally wished it will end. Fight scenes should not be boring, but sadly Power Rangers manage to do it.

CONCLUSION

My only reason for watching this is because it reminded me of my childhood lots and that being said, this movie brought back all my childhood especially when they morph, and the original score from the series was played as the Dinozords ran out. Watch only if you want to feel nostalgia, regarding feelings, I rated this movie a solid 10 out of 10. Thanks for at least trying to bring my childhood not utterly destroying it.




Comments

  1. Wah, good preview of the movie..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Go catch it la you will enjoy it if you grew up with this during your childhood

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS