MOVIE REVIEW: The Amazing Spider-Man 2



Took me forever to write up this review on Spider-Man. All of a sudden work is pouring in and I am just being the lazy left this writing in the draft for a good 2 weeks. I am sorry, here it goes my 2 cents on the show.

I remember watching the first Amazing Spider-Man and was amaze with the acting of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy literally blew me off the usual Tobey Maguire Spider-Man edition. 

The villians are potrayed by Jamie Foxx as Maxx Dillion/Electro and also Dane Deehan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin. Both played their character well with Electro probably introduced too much of a rush inside the show but beside that, everything seems like a on a good track for an epic movie of web slinging.

THE GOOD 

The costume for this movie is much better than the first, they have reworked it to look somehow very natural and also seems much more flexible for him to move around. The CG for the movie is much better too, they have included lots of Spider-Man classic moves and we can see that he is as much as witty and cocky like in the comics (I don't read the comic that much, I watch move cartoon comparing to reading the comics). The on-screen chemistry between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy really seems like they are dating in real life. They seems like a natural couple on and off the screen which makes the acting much more natural and emotional towards the public. The action sequence comes with full of heart pumping moments and also joke in the middle (fireman scene).

THE BAD

For starters, I feel that the villians did not have much on screen introduction. Basically the whole story is based on  the romance between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy with not much of  on screen time on the development of the villian. There are scene where I question myself, seems to be quite distorted or does not make sense at all. Mainly the scene where Harry taken the spider's poison, all of a sudden he knows where to crawl and TA-DA! Green goblin was born. It was too quick too soon. Electro had some power to disintegrate himself after some motivational talk by Harry. It is like all of a sudden, he found his true calling. 

CONCLUSION

I have always been a fan of Spider-Man longer than I have been a fan of Iron-Man. Always liked that he talk non-stop and also funny in the same time. The action is indeed more in this movie where we get lots of slow motion focusing on his web move which I feel is really enjoyable to watch. The whole show is just as amazing as the title if you ask me. Just sit back, grab popcorn and enjoy the action. 

TL;DR:  Lots of talking, lots of kissing, web swinging, slow motion camera, 3D effects, much actions, and also good plot overall. Sit back and relax   #TheAmazingSpiderman2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS