MOVIE REVIEW: THE AGE OF ADALINE


This movie is a must watch if you are a fan of Blake Lively, which surprisingly I am. I didn't know I was that much of her fan till I watched this movie. The Age of Adaline tells a story of a girl who is unable to age after a freak accident happen to her. I would rate this movie a 3 out of 5 stars as I personally feel there are still some part which are lacking in. Read all about it below, and as usual SPOILERS ahead: 

THE GOOD

What can I say about Blake Lively, she is really really pretty. The amount of dresses she wore in the movie is really awesome. She has the figure to fit into any dresses and still make it look so damn blardy good. Her acting are much better compare with the time she is in Green Lantern, the only good thing from that movie was she got married to Ryan Reynolds. Other than that, Harrison Ford acting in this movie is spectacular. So convincing that at times, I feel what he is feeling. The main actor acting was just okay, didn't have much dialogue in the movie. There are some emotional part in the movie with Blake's daughter but that is about it. 
 
THE BAD

I personally think the scrip writer(s) tried their best to explain why she can't age in a scientific terms which the truth is, 90% of the viewers in the cinema could not give a shit. That and also the person besides me trying his best to translate every single English word to Mandarin for his ever loving non-English speaking girlfriend. Other than that, nothing in the movie is worth taking note except for Blake Lively and Harrison Ford's acting. I felt in the 2 hours everything else does not stand out except these 2 and occasionally as mention, Blake's daughter but she was not there for the whole movie too. 

CONCLUSION

While I admire the writer and director to create something like Benjamin Button, what made Benjamin Button successful was they did not tried to explain scientifically what happen to him and why he is reverse ageing. Some stuff just got to be kept as movie and trust me more than enough people will be happy with it. You should only watch if you are Blake Lively's fan. If not, you can just skip this show in the cinema and get it via other means. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS