SERIES REVIEW: Arrow Season 1


Arrow is such a fantastic TV series from DC. I was actually recommended by my friend and it took me really long time to download and watch. After the first episode 1, I was sitting through all the other 23 episodes in a one weekend. The scenario of a billionaire son, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) stuck in an island for 5 years after his yacht sank in the middle of the sea. Upon coming back, he change and try to be justice to his beloved city. 

You will hear he said this for the X number of times: 

Oliver Queen: My name is Oliver Queen. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal - survive. Now I will fulfill my father's dying wish - to use the list of names he left me and bring down those who are poisoning my city. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else. 

I will no go through every episode with you, cause as usual that takes way too much time for me and for you to even read them. Mr Queen, assisted with his trusty sidekicks John Diggle (David Ramsey) and also Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) who plays the strength and also the brain behind the operation which helps Oliver to clean the streets from all the corrupted (feels like we need it here)

WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH: 

The series might come up as boring in the first few episodes, but then things start to pick up later on with the interest of knowing his back story 5 years back and also the question on HOW IN THE WORLD he shoots arrow with such accuracy. It literally can go pass the middle of your legs with your balls intact probably cutting a one or two strands of pube in the process. Each character seems to have their own role build up nicely, nothing feel off short well maybe a little for Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) and his son Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnel), who also plays Oliver best friend in Arrow. Most of the action in the movie is nothing over the top, but it still seems quite legit that and also technology is everything. Although it is not much as gadget mad like Batman or Iron-Man (oops Marvel) it still seems to have some formidable gadgets like the ear-piercing sound device, his arrows (different types for different occasions), lots and lots of computer and tablets, and iPhone (sorry, I kid) 

WHAT I THINK COULD BE BETTER: 

Introduction to villian usually should be much better, in the first season Arrow battle the other Dark Archer who have no introduction on what happen to him. We know he is the father of Tommy but he is rumoured to train under Ra's al Ghul who is said to be immortal (no introduction, no background, no nothing, JUST THIS). Shit like this drives me crazy because how am I going to relate to being the villain. The fighting scene seems to be nicely coordinated but sometimes I wish that there is more CQC (Close Quarters Combat) fight which not involve his f-king bow. Nothing beats a good exchange of punch and kick with some slick move added. Maybe the suit is too tight. Lastly, super power which happen to one of the character in the movie after an injection call MIRAKURU (Miracle) which makes you have super power in the series. Meh.

CONCLUSION: 

If I can't feel, I can't relate. Oliver had a good background story and build up to somehow make you feel how it is becoming a vigilante, the shit you sacrifice seems like off the chart at times. I only cover the characters that I think for me plays the important role, there are many others who will be impacting you throughout the series but I decided they are just most of the time needs to be there. Nothing of big impact to me.

p/s: Cramping a 23 episode series into a single review is not easy as I thought. I will be reconsidering how to approach series review in the future and hopefully bring a much better review and pursuit more people to watch the series :). Then again if you watch the series after reading my review, thank you so much for that. Do comment if you have any feedbacks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOOSING CINEMA? GUIDE TO IMPRESSING HER! CLICK HERE!

MOVIE REVIEW: THE BOOK OF LIFE

REVIEW: CASIO G-SHOCK DW-5600MS